If you’ve been wondering how to uninstall Apex Legends, I’ve prepared a comprehensive guide for you, for each of the platforms.
This cross-platform game is out on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC - so bear with me and navigate to the solution that you need.
Mirage is sad to see you go.
How to Uninstall Apex Legends on PC?
The easiest way to uninstall Apex Legends is to do it like you would any other game or program on your Windows PC. There are two ways to go about it:
- Open Control Panel.
- Navigate to “Uninstall a Program”.
- Find Apex Legends, right-click and select “Uninstall/change”.
- Just a couple of Yes’s and Next’s, and that’s it.
The same thing can be done without even going to the control panel:
- Click the Start icon on the left of your taskbar or press the Windows Home key on your keyboard.
- Type “Add or”, and the Add or Remove programs option will appear at the top of the list. Select it.
- Find Apex Legends and click “Uninstall”.
There’s no going back; so think twice before you uninstall Apex Legends!
How to Uninstall Apex Legends via Origin or Steam?
Here is how to uninstall Apex Legends on Origin, which is the main client for the game.
Just follow these steps:
- Navigate to My Game Library.
- Right-click Apex Legends and select “Uninstall”.
In 2020, Apex Legends also made its debut on Steam. Uninstalling the game from the Steam client is pretty similar to the Origin uninstallation process:
- Go to your Steam Library.
- Right-click the game.
- Hover over the “Manage” tab and select the Uninstall option.
Pretty easy, huh?
How to Uninstall Apex Legends on Xbox?
If you were playing Apex Legends on Xbox, it’s quite easy to remove it on this console, too:
- Press your Xbox button, and it will open the settings.
- Go to My Games and Apps and find Apex Legends.
- Press the Menu button on your Xbox wireless controller.
- Choose the Uninstall option.
How to Uninstall Apex Legends on PlayStation?
Here’s how to uninstall Apex Legends on PS:
- Go to the Games section.
- Find Apex Legends and hover over it.
- Press the Options button on your joystick.
- Go for the Uninstall option in the menu that opens up.
Reasons You Might Want to Remove Apex Legends
Are you debating whether your decision is right? Here are the top reasons players opt for uninstalling Apex Legends:
- Large size. Apex Legends might take up too much storage space. I mean, I don’t play it that often, and it’s hogging almost 60 GB.
- Finding another game. You may simply get addicted to another Battle Royale game and lose passion for Apex Legends, which is OK. While at it, check out our roundup of 2021 Battle Royale games.
- You got mad over a lost game. If this is the main reason you want to uninstall Apex Legends, you are not alone - we’ve all been there. However, it’s best to maybe give it a few minutes until you relax and rethink your decision. Self-reflect on the bad parts and practice more. When you max out your skills, even a bad randomly awarded squad will not stop you from conquering the Arena!
- Issues in the gameplay. Your loading speed and FPS are unstable, or the update is stuck, or something similar. Yes, it might be a good idea to uninstall Apex Legends and perform a clean installation. Sometimes, a reinstallation will do. To reinstall Apex Legends on PC, find it in the Add or Remove programs menu and click “Modify”.
Will You Lose Your Progress if You Remove Apex Legends?
The good news is that uninstalling your Apex Legends will not reset your account.
All of your inventory (character and weapon skins, finishing moves, charms, level, and data, etc.) will remain stored in the Cloud.
So, if you decide to come back at a later time, you will be able to log in with your account and continue where you left off… Unless you don’t delete the account too, of course. But there isn’t any reason to do that unless you explicitly want to remove every trace of your Apex Legends history.
Now you are equipped with the knowledge needed on how to uninstall Apex Legends.
What’s the reason you are leaving, though? If it’s just raging after losing an important Ranked game, I feel ya - but maybe consider giving it another chance. Especially if you want to delete the account. Just think about all the items you’ve collected!
For other guides, check out my article on Where to Land in Apex Legends.