Narita Boy release has come upon us rather quickly. Only one month ago we got a release trailer that you can see down below. The game had its campaign on Kickstarter and over 5,000 people chipped in into funding this beautiful-looking game.
What Is Narita Boy?
It is a neo-nostalgic adventure that takes our eponymous hero to save the Digital Kingdom from the evil, rogue code Stallions. It will feature classic adventure gameplay with an original narrative full of secrets and memories of the kingdom's real-world creator. It is a homage to digital times, that went by, but were not forgotten.
The game takes players to explore the Digital Kingdom and fight with enemies while exploring these beautiful retro graphics. The game had its first trailer and announcements back in 2017. It is not a very popular genre, but you might find yourself loving it and wanting it more easily.
Narita Boy Release Date Trailer
Game Features to Know Before Narita Boy Release
- Go back to the future: A homage to the eighties with a new spin on classic gameplay styles, Narita Boy takes players back in time for a blast from the past
- You have the power!: The Techno-Sword can be used alongside mysterious magic so that players can carve and blast their way through enemies great and small
- Might as well jump: The classic 2D platformer will see players explore imaginative landscapes and navigate a plethora of pixel art environments
- Pixel-perfect story: Encounter weird and wonderful digitized characters on a journey to discover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and its elusive creator
- Pump up the jam: Inspired by the glory days of analog synthesizers, the pumping soundtrack turns back the clock for this techno-journey
Developers About Narita Boy Release
“Narita Boy is here! He’s been with us for a long time now, especially since we first showed him to the world back in the Kickstarter campaign, and we’re thrilled that the rest of the world can experience the retrovania adventure at long last. It’s a real blast from the past, and we’re excited to see players young and old wield the Techno-Sword to save the Digital Kingdom. It’s a passion project built on our love for the media from our youth, so it’s very emotional to see the project come to fruition like this.” ~ Eduardo Fornieles, Founder, Studio Koba
“Working with Studio Koba to bring Narita Boy to life has been incredibly rewarding – development has whizzed past in a flash of neon and synthwave, to be honest! We’re so happy with the adventure we’ve created, and all that’s left to do is put it in the hands of players so they can experience the same sci-fi journey we’ve all been on. The support we’ve seen has been incredible, and we’re happy to show off the finished product finally.” ~ Andy Kearney, Senior Producer, Team17
Brand New Narita Boy Launch Trailer
Narita Boy Release Summary
Narita Boy release trailer and gameplay look amazing and with its art style, it is both nostalgic and original. I am not a huge fan of these games, especially of the Metroidvania genre, but this one looks so interesting that I can not wait to give it a go. If you like these types of games or pixel art in general, then this game should be definitely on your wishlist.
Narita Boy release is scheduled for March 30, 2021, on PC, PS4, PS5 Xbox One X/S, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.
For more atmospheric games check out this article.