Preview of Misty Dungeon
Misty Dungeon allows you to complete a domain with trial characters in Single Player mode, with pre-built characters such as Keqing and Albedo. Each Trial run has a different theme and corresponding trial quest achievements that you should aim to achieve. Earning trial quest achievements will grant more rewards, I will elaborate on each trial quest and the rewards below.
As long as you have reached AR20, you will be able to take part in this event. Fret not about your character builds as this allows you to try characters that you might not already have, with levelled talents and artifacts. In each trial, there will be a unique Ley Line Disorder, so ensure that the characters you use will benefit from the disorder.
In this dungeon, you will need to activate 3 Ancient Runes by completing challenges within the time limit. After each Rune has been activated, you can find the next rune by walking towards the red light (tilt your camera upwards and look in the sky, it gives off the same light as a Statue of the Seven) that signifies another rune. Activating all three ancient runes will eventually allow you to complete the final challenge. You will have to jump down through the hole to activate the final challenge, so ensure that you don't die due to fall damage!
There are 4 challenge types in the dungeon, completing each challenge type will give you a buff of sorts (from left to right in the image above):
- Rejuvenation: revives all characters in your party and restores their HP
- Plunder: gives your characters an ATK increase
- Godspeed: gives a Movement Speed increase
- Everlasting: greatly extend challenge time remaining
The challenges do not take long and you should be able to complete all these challenges and get the achievement of completing the dungeon within 6 minutes.
The characters in the trial do not have your character builds and are free for you to use. If you already possess the character with higher constellations than in the trial, your trial character will adopt the number of constellations you own. The characters in the trial have 0 constellations by default.
Since you are unable to use healing food within the dungeon, ensure that you bring a healer with you to prevent dying. Additionally, characters will not have elemental resonance with each other. For example, if you use Mona and Barbara in your team, you will not obtain the double Hydro character setup buff of increased healing. Recommended teams for each domain are below:
The Hydro Abyss Mage makes it better to have a Cryo character, Diona, on your team to break its shield. Mona can be used against the Pyro traps as well. Both Keqing and Albedo have skills that make plunging attacks easier, even without the wind current generated. Albedo helps with breaking Geo slimes shields too.
Geovishap enemies will be easier to fight if you have a shield character such as Noelle or Diona on your team. The Pyro traps can be dealt with using Mona while the Electro traps can be dealt with using Diona.
The Ley-line Disorder that increases ATK for sword and claymore users makes it better to bring Keqing, Albedo and Noelle. Noelle and Albedo can break the Geo shield of the Stonehide Lawachurl.
Characters that can perform ranged attacks such as catalyst and bow characters are better due to the Ley-line Disorder that increases DMG dealt if no opponents are around the character. Archers can also target the weak point of the Ruin Grader.
Noelle, Diona and Xinyan generate shields, while Albedo can provide particles that give elemental shields. These allow you to take less DMG from enemies. Additionally, Albedo and Noelle can break the Geo shield of the Stonehide Lawachurl.
Sucrose allows for Swirl with many other elements, while Mona and Diona allow for a large range of Frozen reactions. The Ruin Guard makes it better for you to have an archer on your team.
General tips are below:
- Use characters of a counteracting element to fight the automated weapons. These weapons will target you when you reach a certain area around it and deal damage. Hence, ensure that you bring characters to fight Cryo, Pyro, Electro, Hydro.
- Use Keqing or Albedo to get over the laser beams that deal damage, both their Elemental Skills allow them to jump over greater heights. Ensure you bring either character to get over the laser.
- Mona can be used to sprint underground for weapons that shoot out flames. By sprinting, you will not take any damage.
- Check the enemies before making a team for each dungeon. Enemies like the Electro Cicin Mage make it beneficial to bring Cryo characters to break her shield quickly.
Plunging Trial Tips:
- Break the Anemo blocks that generate wind currents after you start the challenge. The wind currents are only present for a short duration, so you can make most of the Plunging DMG increase and ensure you have at least 8 plunging attacks for the achievement.
- Try not to get hit by the traps more than 5 times so that you can obtain the achievement.
Healing Trial Tips:
- If you do not receive enough damage from enemies, you should allow the automated weapon systems to deal damage to you so that your healer can heal 50,000 HP for the achievement.
- Ensure you have low HP before you attempt the HP trial (Rejuvenation).
Trial Quest and Rewards
You can check the Trial Quest achievements which are unique to each dungeon before entering. This is important to read so that you can complete the dungeon within one run, without needing to redo it for the achievement rewards. However, if you did not complete the achievement in the first trial, you can continue to redo the dungeon and the achievements compile. For example, you can obtain the "plunging attacks" achievement by completing 4 plunge attacks the first time and 4 plunge attacks the second time.
The total rewards obtained from this event is below, assuming you obtain all the Trial Quests:
We hope that you have found this article helpful and that you are enjoying the new updates in the 1.5 version of Genshin Impact! Head here if you would like to read a Yanfei build guide, here to read a Eula build guide or here to read about the Windtrace Event. Let us know if there are other articles you would like to read!