The first major expansion or Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is set to be released on 13th May. Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids takes Eivor to 9th century Ireland where they will come up against brand-new foes. There’s the mysterious druid cult, the Children of Danu, Drengrs and mythical creatures unlike those we’ve seen in the game series before.
Ubisoft has claimed the expansion will add an additional 18 hours worth of game time, a hefty addition to what is already quite a long game, totaling an average day time of 90 hours.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids DLC
Who Will We Meet?
King Flann Sinna is the newly appointed High King of Ireland. He reaches out to Eivor, requesting their help in uniting the four regions under one Irish banner. Bárid mac Ímair is Eivor’s cousin who has become the king of Dublin who summons Eivor to Ireland, to begin with. The Cursed is a Child of Danu who worships the Irish goddess Tuatha Dé Danann.
Where Can You Visit?
Within Wrath of the Druids, Ireland is split into four regions, Dublin, Meath, Connacht and Ulster. The expansion will also include historical landmarks such as Black Pig’s Dyke and the Giant’s Causeway.
How to Access the Wrath of the Druids DLC?
Players will have to purchase the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass, which retails at £33.99. There will be a standalone option available too, however, a price has yet to be released.
In game, Wrath of the Druids becomes playable when Eivor has finished one of the first two arcs in England, Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire. There is no mandatory power level to be at to access the expansion.
What New Features Will Be Included?
Ubisoft, via a press release, has announced brand-new features for the expansion, including:
- Accomplish the Royal Demands from the Gaelic Kings to gather resources.
- Claim and conquer the Ring Forts of Ireland, form alliances to dominate the trade routes to build Dublin’s wealth and establish it as the primary seat of commerce
- Trade rare resources and exotic rewards with overseas nations to make Dublin a thriving city.
- Master a brand-new type of weapon: the Sickle, a fast and deadly blade that can be dual-wielded.
- Use new abilities and skills like the Viking Salute, the Smoke Bomb Arrow, the Irish Hound Summoning, and the Sickle Combo.
- Battle and defeat new powerful enemies including the Children of Danu, a mysterious cult of Druids; Drengrs; Irish factions; and new mythical creatures.
- Discover a variety of new gear and weapons, and more customisation options for Eivor’s longship, horse, raven, tattoos, hair, and settlement decorations.
Catch the trailer before getting in on the action with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids and play the expansion when it’s released on 13th May, available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.
Photo credit: Ubisoft